Nothing better to have on a cold winter night than to have hot chocolate or coffee with nice homemade cookies. The good thing about doing home baking or cooking is that in the same amount of money you have double
arround the house keeping all the health and risk factors in mind ofcourse. These cookies I made first three years back for one of my boys birthday parcel great idea tht was kids loved it in school. I made them in round and star shapes you can make any shape that you like two batches will make about 90 cookies to keep and give out to friends which ever way you like. I also dip my cookies in hot melted chocolate and let them rest in the fridge over night you can leave them outside too if you like in a country thats not too hot climatically. These cookies are stored in an air tight container for about a week and a half mine don't last longer than thatbecause the kids finish it before that So am never sure if these will last longer or not. I hope this recipe will bring you joy, happiness and health sharing wih your friends and family on christmas and new year happy holidays..:)
- Butter 225 g/8oz
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Plain flour 280 g/ 10 oz
- Caster Sugar 140 g/50z
- Pinch salt
- Cookie cutters
- grease proof paper two big square shaped peices.
- Pre- heat oven to 190 deg/gas mark 5.
- Grease the baking sheet and line with baking sheets.
- In a bowl mix butter and sugar and mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour and salt into the mixture stir till the mixture is just combined don't over mix or your cookies will not rise well.
- Halve the dough cover in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 40-60 mins.
- Place one sheet of grease proof paper on the counter, now unwrap and place one dough ball on top of it and place the other sheet over it and roll. This will help preenting the dough from sticking on to the counter.
- Once you've rolledout to the thickness of about 1/6 inch cut into the shapes you like with your cookie cutters.
- Bake until golden brown just about 5-8 mins, when done place them onto a cooling rack until completely cooled down.
Once completely cooled you can decorate them as you like have on different ccassions dne different things but the best result I got was when I dipped them in chocolate and let the cool in the fridge. Best thing about these cookies is they are easy to make, keeps kids busy and can be used both as gifts and or to treat kids or yourself anytime. while baking these cookies make sure you keep them well apart because when the heat hits the cookie dough the butter,and sugar melt and expand needing more place then we may think they need. me and my family love making these hope you will too...healthy eating....:)