One of my favourite dishes is pathani gosht. Every time I make it brings back festive memories. I remember the first time we ever ate it was at a dinner party at one of our family friends. Since then no Eid has gone by without me having it. When I was back home I used to ask my older sister to make it for me I have no clue how she made it but now that she’s not here I make it myself, and this is how I make it. My kids absolutely love it, because its basically a non complicated kind of dish, no extra spices or anything. This recipe taught me that’s food can taste good with having less complications added to it and maybe more healthy too. We sometimes tend to add to many spices to a recipe and loose track of the taste that we really wanted in a particular dish. There is another good thing about this recipe which is once you you’ve put it on stove forget about it for a couple of hours. That gives you time for relaxing and doing something else you want to do maybe just put on that face mask that’s been lying there for ages not being given any attention. It’s exactly what I do when ever I make this dish so hope you have a great time relaxing. ENJOY…
- 1lb/kg big chunks of meat (lamb or beef)
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 5-6 tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp any vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- If using frozen meat make sure its completely defrosted and has no water dripping from it when left in a sieve.
- Put the meat, ginger garlic paste, oil and ½ of the salt and mix well.
- When mixed well shift it to the pan you want to cook it in.
- Thinly slice tomatoes and place them over the meat. covering it in 2 layers of tomatoes.
- Between each layer of tomatoes add the remaining salt, just sprinkle it.
- Don’t add any excess water. It’ll cook in its own water.
- Cover and cook for 5 mins on high heat and then on very low heat cook let it cook for 3-4 hours depending on which meat you have used ( lamb or beef).
- When serving make sure its mixed well and the meat is really well cooked. Don’t worry if it breaks because that’s the way its should be.
I have made this recipe for so many years its time to share it with all my family and friends. I hope you all enjoy making it and even more have fun eating it…don’t forget to miss me though because I’m thinking of you having this dish right ….are you????? ;~}