- 1 Whole chicken cut in 4-5 pieces(with skin)
- 2 Tbsp Sea salt
- 4 Tbsp zaatar more if you like more( you'll find it in Arab,Indian or Pakistani shops abroad)
- 4Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 Medium sized potatoes
- Some coriander or mint leaves for garnish
- 1 Lemon cut in wedges for garnish
- preheat oven 180 deg
- Wash you chicken thoroughly.
- In grilling pan or a frying pan add olive oil and warm it till it crackles.
- Add chicken piece by piece and fry till its golden brown on the skin side.
- Cut potatoes in big chunky pieces.
- Add the potatoes to the baking dish in the bottom of the tray .
- Place your chicken over the potatoes in the tray and add the olive oil that you used for frying the chicken keeping aside about 1Tbsp olive for later.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and let it cook for about 30 Min's or until you feel the potatoes are cooked.
- Take it out of the oven and sprinkle zaatar and sea salt.
- Then sprinkle the 1Tbsp olive oil over the chicken.
- Place it back in the oven for 10 Min's switching the top grill on.
This recipe has been a favourite in my family and friends and I hope it becomes a household recipe for you too. People who like chicken roasts and grilled chicken would fall in love with this recipe its best served with fresh salad and humous. until next time..enjoy..:)