- 250 ml/8.8 fluid oz Yogurt
- 170g/6 oz Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 45g Butter melted
- 500g Plain flour
- 2 Tbsp Baking powder
- 60g more flour for dusting
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 litre oil for frying
- icing sugar for dusting if not using any other topping.
- Add eggs and sugar to a bowl and whisk them at high speed if using electric beater or whisk briskly till it changes its color and looks pale and fluffy.
- Then add yogurt,vanilla extract,salt,and melted butter and mix lightly.
- In a Bowl add all the dry ingredients and sieve before adding to the egg and sugar mixture.
- combine well just enough to bring the dough together not too much or the dough nuts will turn out too hard.
- Dust some flour on the work top and on your hands.
- Now roll the 1/4 of your dough to 1/2cm thickness roughly.
- Use any round pastry cutter or a cap or bottle anything that's easily accessible and can be used to cut the shape out of your choice.
- Cut all the doughnuts till there in no more dough is left.
- In a deep pan or a wok add the oil and bring warm it up and then add a piece of carrot which will help prevent from the oil to burn.-
- Fry your do nuts a minute on each side or until golden brown than place them on a paper towel.
- Once all done dust with icing sugar or dip in the topping of your choice.
I am creative so I like to make my own toppings and that too chocolate or white chocolate toppings with dessicated coconut or nuts. But I must say its what you like and everything that we do in life is a shadow of you and your personality even food. the food that we eat or share compliments you and tells others what you are like as a person. For example if some one Puts an omelet in front of their guests as a meal may not mean they don't care may mean they are casual fun loving and easy going. Its all in the way you look at it and i hope today you will have a new perspective of things in life....enjoy!
Next up is Mumma's fish Curry..stay tuned..:)